Document processing companies can greatly simplify the document scanning process aspect of your digitization efforts. When paperwork is slowing your operations down, it is high time to reduce the amount of clutter on your desk and turn to document scanning and digitization for a more efficient and productive paperless business operation. Here are some of the most basic steps in the document scanning process that document processing companies go through:
- Document prep – Either path you choose (document capture or data capture), you will need to prep documents for scanning. This means removing anything that might cause delay in the data capture and scanning process, ranging from staple wires, to sticky notes, and paper clips, which make machines prone to jams and errors. Take the time to repair torn pages as well as to sort documents into batches, depending on the kind of organization you wish to do or perhaps the capacity of the software being used.
- Data capture type selection – Depending on the objectives of your digitization campaign, you can choose either to extract relevant data from your documents or capture an entire image of each document you want processed. There are two different capture software tools that document processing companies use to accomplish either tasks.
- Document conversion – Conversion software is used to turn analog documents into digital formats. Document and data capture can be done through various technology and devices ranging from fax machines to camera phones, copiers and multifunction printers, scanners, as well as checks and microfilms. Upon capture, documents will go through more steps, depending on the document condition, including document imaging, forms processing, and image cleanup.
- Document quality control and data validation – Once captured and converted, documents must likewise go through quality control and validation through a quality check operator or perhaps through an automated process like database lookup. Poor quality scans are flagged so they can be re-scanned. Recognition software is also used to facilitate the next step, which is indexing.
- Document indexing – Document indexing is crucial to the data capture and document management process, as this allows users to properly store, sort, and access documents when and where needed.
Once documents have gone through all these steps, they are ready for access and use by end users, providing companies a fast and easy way to manage information and make the most out of the data and intelligence in their hands.
For more information on how Foveonics Document Solutions can help, contact us.